Peter Palaga

Red Hat


Peter Palaga is senior software engineer for JBoss Fuse at Red Hat. He is currently splitting his time between porting Camel components to Quarkus and maintaining Fuse on EAP and WildFly Camel. Earlier, he worked on JBoss EAP, Hawkular and other Red Hat Middleware projects. He is the author of srcdeps (Source dependencies for Maven and Gradle) and contributor to several Maven and Gradle plugins.

Twitter: @ppalaga


Quarkus: Supersonic Subatomic Java

Java web application ready to serve requests <20 milliseconds after start and occupying <20 MB of memory? With Hibernate ORM connected to PostgreSQL, RESTEasy, CDI and transactions? Come and see how Quarkus makes all the above possible on top of GraalVM using a new technique called Compile Time Boot. Learn how it eliminates reflection and other runtime costs. This may sound geeky, but Quarkus still offers the first class developer experience: it shields you perfectly from the complexity of GraalVM, there is development mode with instant reload, it is easy for the 80% most common use cases and flexible for the remaining 20%. You do not need to learn new technologies, because Quarkus supports existing best of breed libs and standards, such as Hibernate/JPA, JTA, CDI, JAX-RS, Eclipse MicroProfile and much more! A 15 ms demo will be included 😉